Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Body Shop - Exfoliating Bath Gloves

All you beautiful people out there........!!
Welcome back to my blog!

I finally found a product which made me open my Blog Dashboard and write a review after almost 3 years. Yes, you read it right. I wrote my last post on Wednesday, 20 November, 2013. Not that I stopped liking to write; it's that I just didn't feel like writing or maybe it's one of those things where you stop being drawn to an activity and start to explore other areas that interest you. Anyway, after I used The Body Shop exfoliating gloves for the first time, I said to myself... 'hmmmmm, the world needs to know about it." and here I am with a brand new post on The Body Shop-Exfoliating bath gloves





The Body Shop says:


These Exfoliating Bath Gloves increase the lather of your body wash and whisk away dead skin cells.
  • Remove dead skin cells
  • Increase the lather of your body wash
  • Leave skin feeling softer and smoother
  • Perfect partner with our Shower Gel
I say: 
These gloves are probably the most raved product of TBS for all the right reasons. They seem a lil' too harsh for bath gloves when you hold them for the first time. The deal is to hold them under the water for a minute or two, squeeze' em cute gloves and viola! they turn super soft.
 TBS website says it increases the lather of your body wash....., I didn't find it to be true. I used it with numerous body washes and shower gels but they lathered much less on the gloves than my usual loofah. I didn't find the gloves abrasive on my skin but given the fact that my body skin is not very sensitive, I'd suggest you to be careful if you know yours is. On a side note, any exfoliating product will be harsh on you if you're an over-enthusiastic scrubber. Just apply the right amount of pressure while scrubbing your body and I guess, you'll be fine. 
TBS recommends using it 2-3 times a week and I agree. As we know, exfoliation sloughs off those dead cells, brightens the skin and makes the skin tone even but over-exfoliation can scar and damage the skin so 2-3 times a week is fair enough.. and remember! keep it gentle. I read many reviews where people used these bath gloves with body scrubs and TBS website recommends that too for extra exfoliation. I prefer regular exfoliation over extra exfoliation. Since I started using them in summer, I didn't find'em drying but I was careful to apply a light moisturizer after use, as any form of exfoliation dries out the skin. I guess I'll need a heavy body cream in winters though. 
Speaking about the size, it's a "one size fits all" thing. But don't worry, they are quite stretchable...unless you're an owner of a comparatively bigger pair of hands! :)

After using the gloves a couple of times, I found by skin to be much brighter and oh-so-soft!! I am in love with these bath gloves and I see myself using them forever, unless I find something better. (I doubt that.. ;)) I think these gloves are worth every penny! 

They're available in various colors depending upon where you're located on the globe. I bought them in Oman and had to choose from blue, green, red, pink, white and lilac but I checked TBS websites from different countries and found various color options. 

Overview:
Product: The Body Shop - Exfoliating Bath Gloves 
Pros: Leaves skin soft, smooth and very-very clean
Cons: Can be abrasive for people with sensitive skin, doesn't lather well
Price: I don't exactly remember the price but I think it was 2 OMR which roughly makes 5 USD or 550 PKR

No comments:

Post a Comment